Friday, February 16, 2007

Practice and triumph

So, this past Tuesday, after successfully getting out of jury duty for the next 6 years, I headed to Union Hall to get some practice in. I met up with Colin, who made an appearance at game #1 of our season. I felt the need to work on a few shots, and Colin was bored.

Who should be there when we arrived, but none other than Zeik of the Bocce Bots, our arch nemesis and upcoming rival in our next match. The funny thing about Zeik is he's a real nice guy, but the man won't stop talking... ever. And on Tuesday, his favortie topic was his "new and improved game" that he could not wait to try out.

So Colin and I took him on and were soon joined by Gabe. Myself, Gabe, and Colin were absolutely on fire, making excellent shot after shot. We were truly feeling the court. Zeik, however, was having a hard time finding his center, and began to consitently repeat the phrase "ok, time to start focusing".

Now, I have to say, it was hard not to feel particularly satisfied shutting him down, the most outspoken, self-appraising member of the Bocce Bots. But in retrospect I will try to let that go. We are all a part of the bocce community, and Zeik, though he may come across a little too strongly at times, is a genuinely nice guy who's trying to excel at something he loves... bocce. Who could fault him for that?

Anyhow, we got some good practice in, and I feel confident we can take the Bots on 2 Sundays from now. If anyone else would like to join me for a practice, just let me know and we'll get it on.

*In this picture, Zeik is lecturing Colin about something. I don't remember what because honestly, he was doing it all night. Colin didn't seem to mind.





In other news, I have submitted another T-shirt design, this time to Floyd's. I don't know if there will be two different shirts. That would be cool.



2 comments:

ez said...

that logo is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Zeke and the Bots are going down like a well steamed dumpling.