Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Former Blockheads

Our game on Sunday was with Mount Surribocce, formerly Blockheads from last year. We came out strong in the first game, and had a chance to put them away with an opening for 4 points, but weren't able to clench it, and they came back to beat us 7 - 5. We swept them in the next game 7 - 3. The in the third it seemed as if we had the upper hand, the score at 6 - 4, but they made a great play giving them 3 points to win 7 - 6.



We may have lost, but I feel we played well as a team. They were close games and we almost pulled it out. However, in 3 weeks we play the Electric Company. For those we've lost to, I feel we can beat, and we've beaten the Bots who went to the Finals last year. Now we need to beat the Electric Company in the preseason so that we can mentally dominate the playoffs. I'm not worried about any other team. I want to win, but at this point we're nowhere near top seed, so we're not playing the lowest seeds in the playoffs. And we won't be the lowest seed either, so we won't play the top seeds. So right now I'm shooting for beating the EC, and winning as much as possible until the playoffs.

That being said, anyone who wants to come practice needs only to say the word. I promise you, all it takes is one night of heavy rolling and you'll be on your game for the weekend.

I'm waiting... :)

No comments: